Search jobs by matching your skills with LinkedIn
Or search again
Search by country
- Algeria Jobs 9
- Argentina Jobs 7
- Australia Jobs 39
- Austria Jobs 1
- Belgium Jobs 2
- Brazil Jobs 8
- Canada Jobs 19
- China Jobs 395
- Colombia Jobs 10
- Costa Rica Jobs 4
- Czechia Jobs 1
- Denmark Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 11
- Estonia Jobs 1
- Finland Jobs 2
- France Jobs 63
- Germany Jobs 40
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 5
- Hungary Jobs 4
- India Jobs 183
- Indonesia Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 6
- Italy Jobs 5
- Japan Jobs 27
- Jordan Jobs 1
- Latvia Jobs 1
- Lithuania Jobs 1
- Malaysia Jobs 29
- Mexico Jobs 43
- Netherlands Jobs 6
- New Zealand Jobs 2
- Norway Jobs 3
- Panama Jobs 1
- Peru Jobs 3
- Poland Jobs 56
- Portugal Jobs 2
- Russia Jobs 92
- Singapore Jobs 3
- South Africa Jobs 3
- South Korea Jobs 15
- Spain Jobs 8
- Sweden Jobs 85
- Switzerland Jobs 7
- Taiwan Jobs 49
- Thailand Jobs 11
- Turkey Jobs 28
- Ukraine Jobs 12
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 2
- United Kingdom Jobs 202
- United States Jobs 569
- Vietnam Jobs 9
Search by city
- Albany - United States Jobs 1
- Algiers - Algeria Jobs 8
- Amarillo - United States Jobs 1
- Atlanta - United States Jobs 1
- Auckland - New Zealand Jobs 2
- Baar - Switzerland Jobs 7
- Bangkok - Thailand Jobs 11
- Barcelona - Spain Jobs 1
- Basiglio - Italy Jobs 5
- Baton Rouge - United States Jobs 1
- Beijing - China Jobs 11
- Bella Vista - Panama Jobs 1
- Bethesda - United States Jobs 1
- Billings - United States Jobs 1
- Bogotá - Colombia Jobs 10
- Bornova - Turkey Jobs 1
- Boston - United States Jobs 1
- Budapest - Hungary Jobs 4
- Buenos Aires - Argentina Jobs 1
- Busan - South Korea Jobs 1
- Cairo - Egypt Jobs 11
- Cambridge - United Kingdom Jobs 155
- Cambridge - United States Jobs 1
- Çankaya - Turkey Jobs 5
- Charleston - United States Jobs 1
- Charleston - United States Jobs 1
- Charlottesville - United States Jobs 1
- Chennai - India Jobs 95
- Chicago - United States Jobs 6
- Chico - United States Jobs 1
- Chiyoda - Japan Jobs 3
- Cincinnati - United States Jobs 1
- Copenhagen - Denmark Jobs 3
- Coppell - United States Jobs 11
- Cotia - Brazil Jobs 8
- Courbevoie - France Jobs 63
- Dallas - United States Jobs 1
- Denver - United States Jobs 4
- Des Moines - United States Jobs 2
- Detroit - United States Jobs 1
- Durham - United States Jobs 1
- El Paso - United States Jobs 1
- Espoo - Finland Jobs 2
- Fargo - United States Jobs 2
- Frederick - United States Jobs 15
- Gaithersburg - United States Jobs 305
- Gothenburg - Sweden Jobs 57
- Groot-Bijgaarden - Belgium Jobs 2
- Guangzhou - China Jobs 2
- Halifax - Canada Jobs 1
- Hanoi - Vietnam Jobs 1
- Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam Jobs 8
- Hod HaSharon - Israel Jobs 6
- Houston - United States Jobs 1
- Huntsville - United States Jobs 1
- Indianapolis - United States Jobs 1
- Irving - United States Jobs 1
- Jacksonville - United States Jobs 1
- Jakarta - Indonesia Jobs 1
- Kansas City - United States Jobs 1
- Lancaster - United States Jobs 1
- Lisbon - Portugal Jobs 2
- Little Rock - United States Jobs 2
- Livingston - United States Jobs 1
- London - United Kingdom Jobs 1
- Los Angeles - United States Jobs 6
- Louisville - United States Jobs 1
- Macclesfield - United Kingdom Jobs 28
- Macquarie Park - Australia Jobs 39
- Marathi, Maharashtra - India Jobs 4
- Marietta - United States Jobs 1
- Memphis - United States Jobs 1
- Miami - United States Jobs 2
- Milwaukee - United States Jobs 1
- Minneapolis - United States Jobs 5
- Mississauga - Canada Jobs 15
- Montgomery - United States Jobs 1
- Moscow - Russia Jobs 92
- Mount Vernon - United States Jobs 16
- Mumbai - India Jobs 21
- Nanjing - China Jobs 1
- Nashville - United States Jobs 2
- Nassau - United States Jobs 1
- New Brunswick - United States Jobs 1
- New Delhi - India Jobs 24
- New Haven - United States Jobs 1
- New Orleans - United States Jobs 1
- New York - United States Jobs 3
- Newark - United States Jobs 9
- Nijmegen - Netherlands Jobs 1
- North Point - Hong Kong SAR Jobs 5
- Ocala - United States Jobs 1
- Oklahoma City - United States Jobs 1
- Omaha - United States Jobs 1
- Oslo - Norway Jobs 3
- Oss - Netherlands Jobs 1
- Petaling Jaya - Malaysia Jobs 29
- Philadelphia - United States Jobs 8
- Phoenix - United States Jobs 2
- Pittsburgh - United States Jobs 2
- Portland - United States Jobs 4
- Prague - Czechia Jobs 1
- Providence - United States Jobs 2
- Québec - Canada Jobs 1
- Riga - Latvia Jobs 1
- Rochester - United States Jobs 2
- Royston - United Kingdom Jobs 15
- Sacramento - United States Jobs 1
- Saffron Walden - United Kingdom Jobs 2
- San Bernardino - United States Jobs 3
- San Francisco - United States Jobs 15
- San Jose - United States Jobs 1
- San Jose - United States Jobs 1
- San José - Costa Rica Jobs 4
- Savannah - United States Jobs 1
- Scranton - United States Jobs 1
- Seoul - South Korea Jobs 14
- Shanghai Downtown - China Jobs 345
- Shanghai - China Jobs 6
- Shreveport - United States Jobs 1
- Södertälje - Sweden Jobs 32
- South San Francisco - United States Jobs 16
- Spokane - United States Jobs 1
- Taipei - Taiwan Jobs 49
- Taizhou - China Jobs 3
- Tallinn - Estonia Jobs 1
- The Hague - Netherlands Jobs 4
- Tianjin - China Jobs 1
- Tizi Ouzou - Algeria Jobs 1
- Tlalpan - Mexico Jobs 4
- Tokyo - Japan Jobs 7
- Township of Oklahoma City - United States Jobs 1
- Traverse City - United States Jobs 1
- Victoria - Canada Jobs 2
- Vilnius - Lithuania Jobs 1
- Waltham - United States Jobs 28
- Warsaw - Poland Jobs 56
- Washington - United States Jobs 1
- Wedel - Germany Jobs 40
- West Chester - United States Jobs 13
- Wilmington - United States Jobs 80
- Wuxi - China Jobs 27
- York - United States Jobs 1
- Zapopan - Mexico Jobs 39
Search by category
- Administration Jobs 19
- BioPharmaceutical Physician Jobs 5
- BioPharmaceuticals Commercial Jobs 8
- BioPharmaceuticals R&D Jobs 4
- BPD Jobs 20
- Clinical Development Jobs 146
- Commercial Non-Sales Jobs 208
- Compliance Jobs 14
- Corporate Affairs Jobs 7
- Engineering Jobs 34
- Facilities Management Jobs 4
- Finance Jobs 53
- Global Biologics Jobs 1
- Global Operations Jobs 118
- Human Resources Jobs 37
- Information Management Jobs 1
- Information Technology Jobs 256
- Legal Jobs 4
- Manufacturing Jobs 39
- Medical Affairs Jobs 148
- MedImmune Jobs 121
- OFR Jobs 1
- Post Doc Jobs 4
- Procurement Jobs 14
- Project, Change, Business Improvement and Strategy Management Jobs 44
- QA Jobs 44
- Quality Jobs 44
- Regulatory Jobs 28
- Respiratory Jobs 13
- Safety, Health and Environmental Science Jobs 6
- Sales Jobs 660
- Sales Force Effectiveness Jobs 4
- Scientific Jobs 34
- SEUIT Jobs 15
- Supply Jobs 19
- Training Jobs 4
- Unvalidated Jobs 3
Posted date: May. 15, 2019
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
(Day Shift) The Mechanic Technician is a position reporting to a Process Execution Team Facilitator, which supports Bulk/Diluent, Filling/Inspection, and Packaging operations. The position entails the execution of setup, changeover, repairs and preventative maintenance for all equipment used in the production processes in various Classified/Non-Classified areas. It requires the ability to perform mechanical and electronic troubleshooting in order to ensure optimal operation of equipment via OEE. The Mechanic Technician will also perform basic mechanical training to Technicians and serve as a resource to implementation of continuous improvement projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform cleaning and housekeeping activities for assigned areas as required to maintain a cGMP environment.
- Perform 5S activities and maintain organization of operating areas.
- Perform work requirements in a responsible manner, in accordance with SOPs, cGMPs and established safety procedures in accordance with OSHA requirements and guidelines.
- Be familiar with “Material Safety Data Sheets” for area chemicals.
- Perform batch record and GMP documentation entries. Maintain records and/or logs as required in performance of job responsibilities. This will include mathematical computation where needed.
- Knowledge of product security controls including controlled substance handling.
- Responsible for outgoing quality level.
- Some overtime will be required with prior notice to support business needs. Emergency overtime may be required with little notice to ensure operation of equipment within the PET.
- Work with minimal supervision under the direction of the Maintenance Facilitator, Process Facilitator, Engineer, or other activity lead.
- Perform roles of Technician as required to support daily PET activities.
- Complete emergency repair, rebuilding, changeover and inspection work on production and related equipment. Install, inspect, test, adjust, repair and perform line turnarounds, changeovers, and preventative maintenance per established procedures in a timely and efficient manner. Complete documentation and required functions in the work order system to close out activities in compliance with cGMPs.
- Use a variety of testing, tools, and measuring equipment in the efficient maintenance and troubleshooting of electronic, environmental monitoring, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical line equipment.
- Set-up equipment and perform required adjustments to ensure each operation is performing per process specifications. Provide training to operators for equipment set-up and for minor adjustments or repairs.
- Utilize appropriate Problem Solving and Troubleshooting techniques to complete equipment repairs.
- Responsible for OEE performance of all equipment and systems within the assigned operating area.
- Follow and maintain compliance with established MRO procedures and inventory control.
- Serve as a project resource to PET to assist in the follow up and timely implementation of projects and validation activities.
- Responsible for maintaining Aseptic Processing and Gowning certifications as required to support assigned work areas.
- Perform other similar and related responsibilities as assigned by area management.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a regulated production environment, specifically
responsible for equipment maintenance and performance.
- Must have the ability to effectively understand, read, write, communicate and follow
instructions in the English language.
- Ability to lift and handle equipment change parts, tooling, and materials associated
with equipment maintenance and repair.
- Associates in Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent mechanical trade school graduate preferred.
- Previous experience with automated equipment preferred.
- Training in other technical disciplines including; refrigeration technology, vacuum
technology, programmable logic controllers, freeze drying, blow-fill seal applications
- Training in mechanics, hydraulics, electronics and testing equipment in electrical
and/or mechanical troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of data and materials maintenance systems such as SAP, KRONOS, or
other MRP systems.
- Experience with OEE, TPM, LEAN or other Continuous Improvement systems
Internal/External Contacts & Customers:
- PET staff
- Vendors, Suppliers, and Contractors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong mechanical/technical aptitude.
- Ability to interpret technical documents.
- Candidate should possess the ability to work in a changing/demanding environment.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sign up for job alerts
If you would like to sign up for email job alerts for future roles with AstraZeneca or MedImmune you can do so using the form below. We will only use the details you provide below to inform you about future vacancies that match your search criteria if and when they become available. The details you provide on this page will not be used to send unsolicited communication and will not be sold to a third party.
You can select as many categories and locations as you wish.