Search jobs by matching your skills with LinkedIn
Or search again
Search by country
- Algeria Jobs 9
- Argentina Jobs 7
- Australia Jobs 39
- Austria Jobs 1
- Belgium Jobs 2
- Brazil Jobs 8
- Canada Jobs 19
- China Jobs 395
- Colombia Jobs 10
- Costa Rica Jobs 4
- Czechia Jobs 1
- Denmark Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 11
- Estonia Jobs 1
- Finland Jobs 2
- France Jobs 63
- Germany Jobs 40
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 5
- Hungary Jobs 4
- India Jobs 183
- Indonesia Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 6
- Italy Jobs 5
- Japan Jobs 27
- Jordan Jobs 1
- Latvia Jobs 1
- Lithuania Jobs 1
- Malaysia Jobs 29
- Mexico Jobs 43
- Netherlands Jobs 6
- New Zealand Jobs 2
- Norway Jobs 3
- Panama Jobs 1
- Peru Jobs 3
- Poland Jobs 56
- Portugal Jobs 2
- Russia Jobs 92
- Singapore Jobs 3
- South Africa Jobs 3
- South Korea Jobs 15
- Spain Jobs 8
- Sweden Jobs 85
- Switzerland Jobs 7
- Taiwan Jobs 49
- Thailand Jobs 11
- Turkey Jobs 28
- Ukraine Jobs 12
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 2
- United Kingdom Jobs 202
- United States Jobs 569
- Vietnam Jobs 9
Search by city
- Albany - United States Jobs 1
- Algiers - Algeria Jobs 8
- Amarillo - United States Jobs 1
- Atlanta - United States Jobs 1
- Auckland - New Zealand Jobs 2
- Baar - Switzerland Jobs 7
- Bangkok - Thailand Jobs 11
- Barcelona - Spain Jobs 1
- Basiglio - Italy Jobs 5
- Baton Rouge - United States Jobs 1
- Beijing - China Jobs 11
- Bella Vista - Panama Jobs 1
- Bethesda - United States Jobs 1
- Billings - United States Jobs 1
- Bogotá - Colombia Jobs 10
- Bornova - Turkey Jobs 1
- Boston - United States Jobs 1
- Budapest - Hungary Jobs 4
- Buenos Aires - Argentina Jobs 1
- Busan - South Korea Jobs 1
- Cairo - Egypt Jobs 11
- Cambridge - United Kingdom Jobs 155
- Cambridge - United States Jobs 1
- Çankaya - Turkey Jobs 5
- Charleston - United States Jobs 1
- Charleston - United States Jobs 1
- Charlottesville - United States Jobs 1
- Chennai - India Jobs 95
- Chicago - United States Jobs 6
- Chico - United States Jobs 1
- Chiyoda - Japan Jobs 3
- Cincinnati - United States Jobs 1
- Copenhagen - Denmark Jobs 3
- Coppell - United States Jobs 11
- Cotia - Brazil Jobs 8
- Courbevoie - France Jobs 63
- Dallas - United States Jobs 1
- Denver - United States Jobs 4
- Des Moines - United States Jobs 2
- Detroit - United States Jobs 1
- Durham - United States Jobs 1
- El Paso - United States Jobs 1
- Espoo - Finland Jobs 2
- Fargo - United States Jobs 2
- Frederick - United States Jobs 15
- Gaithersburg - United States Jobs 305
- Gothenburg - Sweden Jobs 57
- Groot-Bijgaarden - Belgium Jobs 2
- Guangzhou - China Jobs 2
- Halifax - Canada Jobs 1
- Hanoi - Vietnam Jobs 1
- Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam Jobs 8
- Hod HaSharon - Israel Jobs 6
- Houston - United States Jobs 1
- Huntsville - United States Jobs 1
- Indianapolis - United States Jobs 1
- Irving - United States Jobs 1
- Jacksonville - United States Jobs 1
- Jakarta - Indonesia Jobs 1
- Kansas City - United States Jobs 1
- Lancaster - United States Jobs 1
- Lisbon - Portugal Jobs 2
- Little Rock - United States Jobs 2
- Livingston - United States Jobs 1
- London - United Kingdom Jobs 1
- Los Angeles - United States Jobs 6
- Louisville - United States Jobs 1
- Macclesfield - United Kingdom Jobs 28
- Macquarie Park - Australia Jobs 39
- Marathi, Maharashtra - India Jobs 4
- Marietta - United States Jobs 1
- Memphis - United States Jobs 1
- Miami - United States Jobs 2
- Milwaukee - United States Jobs 1
- Minneapolis - United States Jobs 5
- Mississauga - Canada Jobs 15
- Montgomery - United States Jobs 1
- Moscow - Russia Jobs 92
- Mount Vernon - United States Jobs 16
- Mumbai - India Jobs 21
- Nanjing - China Jobs 1
- Nashville - United States Jobs 2
- Nassau - United States Jobs 1
- New Brunswick - United States Jobs 1
- New Delhi - India Jobs 24
- New Haven - United States Jobs 1
- New Orleans - United States Jobs 1
- New York - United States Jobs 3
- Newark - United States Jobs 9
- Nijmegen - Netherlands Jobs 1
- North Point - Hong Kong SAR Jobs 5
- Ocala - United States Jobs 1
- Oklahoma City - United States Jobs 1
- Omaha - United States Jobs 1
- Oslo - Norway Jobs 3
- Oss - Netherlands Jobs 1
- Petaling Jaya - Malaysia Jobs 29
- Philadelphia - United States Jobs 8
- Phoenix - United States Jobs 2
- Pittsburgh - United States Jobs 2
- Portland - United States Jobs 4
- Prague - Czechia Jobs 1
- Providence - United States Jobs 2
- Québec - Canada Jobs 1
- Riga - Latvia Jobs 1
- Rochester - United States Jobs 2
- Royston - United Kingdom Jobs 15
- Sacramento - United States Jobs 1
- Saffron Walden - United Kingdom Jobs 2
- San Bernardino - United States Jobs 3
- San Francisco - United States Jobs 15
- San Jose - United States Jobs 1
- San Jose - United States Jobs 1
- San José - Costa Rica Jobs 4
- Savannah - United States Jobs 1
- Scranton - United States Jobs 1
- Seoul - South Korea Jobs 14
- Shanghai Downtown - China Jobs 345
- Shanghai - China Jobs 6
- Shreveport - United States Jobs 1
- Södertälje - Sweden Jobs 32
- South San Francisco - United States Jobs 16
- Spokane - United States Jobs 1
- Taipei - Taiwan Jobs 49
- Taizhou - China Jobs 3
- Tallinn - Estonia Jobs 1
- The Hague - Netherlands Jobs 4
- Tianjin - China Jobs 1
- Tizi Ouzou - Algeria Jobs 1
- Tlalpan - Mexico Jobs 4
- Tokyo - Japan Jobs 7
- Township of Oklahoma City - United States Jobs 1
- Traverse City - United States Jobs 1
- Victoria - Canada Jobs 2
- Vilnius - Lithuania Jobs 1
- Waltham - United States Jobs 28
- Warsaw - Poland Jobs 56
- Washington - United States Jobs 1
- Wedel - Germany Jobs 40
- West Chester - United States Jobs 13
- Wilmington - United States Jobs 80
- Wuxi - China Jobs 27
- York - United States Jobs 1
- Zapopan - Mexico Jobs 39
Search by category
- Administration Jobs 19
- BioPharmaceutical Physician Jobs 5
- BioPharmaceuticals Commercial Jobs 8
- BioPharmaceuticals R&D Jobs 4
- BPD Jobs 20
- Clinical Development Jobs 146
- Commercial Non-Sales Jobs 208
- Compliance Jobs 14
- Corporate Affairs Jobs 7
- Engineering Jobs 34
- Facilities Management Jobs 4
- Finance Jobs 53
- Global Biologics Jobs 1
- Global Operations Jobs 118
- Human Resources Jobs 37
- Information Management Jobs 1
- Information Technology Jobs 256
- Legal Jobs 4
- Manufacturing Jobs 39
- Medical Affairs Jobs 148
- MedImmune Jobs 121
- OFR Jobs 1
- Post Doc Jobs 4
- Procurement Jobs 14
- Project, Change, Business Improvement and Strategy Management Jobs 44
- QA Jobs 44
- Quality Jobs 44
- Regulatory Jobs 28
- Respiratory Jobs 13
- Safety, Health and Environmental Science Jobs 6
- Sales Jobs 660
- Sales Force Effectiveness Jobs 4
- Scientific Jobs 34
- SEUIT Jobs 15
- Supply Jobs 19
- Training Jobs 4
- Unvalidated Jobs 3
Posted date: Mar. 28, 2019
AstraZeneca is a global, creative, biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have an extraordinary workplace culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
As the Software Engineering Lead in Digital Health, you will be a member of the AstraZeneca Science and Enabling Units Engineering team. Our engineering team is being expanded and we are looking for problem solvers who take accountability for their work and refuse to give up. Our team values creative thinking, integrity, and technical ability.
Our Science and Enabling Units IT vision is to deliver the best science IT capabilities in biopharma, which we define as agile, responsive and fit-for-future. Our goal is to engage with our stakeholders as a strategic partner in delivering life-changing medicines to our patients. The desired effect of your role as Senior Engineering Lead Digital Health is to take accountability for delivering a premier IT experience within Digital Therapeutics area.
Working in partnership with the Business Product owners you will be expected to lead and run the Digital Health initiatives assigned to you, while working closely with the Digital Health Platform Lead and BRM to achieve your goals.
The Digital Health Platform Lead consists of several solutions where we are looking at harmonizing both backend and frontend solutions into service catalogue of solutions. Tis is a combination of COTS and bespoke parts. Connected devices and SaMD (Software as a Medical Device) will be a crucial part of the solutions.
This is a superb opportunity for you to lead in this space as we implement our new platform. You will be expected to constantly share your opinions and be able to provide the most appropriate guidance at any given time.
The Senior Software Engineer will be accountable for all aspects of implementation of change and new demand.
You will also develop the roadmaps, technology standards, technical design, and delivery against the platform as well as associated resource capacity. Effective communication to leadership and stakeholders will be expected as well. You will be the expert in how this technology / platform is implemented and consumed in the business. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with the architecture and capability teams to ensure the solutions are up to date.
While leading all areas of technical delivery of a team of on-shore and off-shore technical resources, you will also have a mix of direct, matrixed, and 3rd party contract resources. Influencing on a global level, typically leading global teams based in multiple countries will be a crucial requirement of this role.
- Assesses business and technical requirements in line with IT strategy and business priorities as well as leads high-level investigations or analysis aligned to the strategy.
- Leads a team of software engineers aligned to the Digital Health solutions.
- Designs complex software solutions in a sustainable and manageable way using existing and new platforms, in close collaboration with enterprise and solution architecture.
- Gains deep understanding of business requirements and develops strategy to align technical solutions.
- Defines and adheres to software engineering & platform engineering practices.
- Oversees estimation of effort and duration for complex solutions.
- Contributes as a technology advisor identifying Information Technology systems implications and providing recommendations to support business objectives.
- Responsible for implementing strategies covering testing, release, and documentation for applicable platforms in conjunction with the DevOps team.
- Leads, coaches, and mentors their team members.
- Experience of managing third party suppliers and have strong network and consulting skills.
- Experience of ensuring compliance within a highly regulated complex business environment.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in a Software Engineering related field
- Significant software engineering background and capabilities.
- Solid grasp of modern software engineering patterns and architectures.
- Good understanding of modern cloud architectures and offerings.
- Cloud service backends (AWS)
- Container solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, EKS)
- Databases (MySQL, RedShift, Mongo DB)
- Queue management tools (RabbitMQ)
- Source code management (Git)
- Spring framework
- Demonstrable experience of leading and growing Software Engineering teams.
- Significant experience of using Agile approaches at scale, across projects and products.
- Significant experience of leading senior teams with a demonstrable track record of motivational and achievement-oriented leadership.
- Effective communication and relationship building skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives.
- Experience of driving and leading innovative solutions.
- Regulatory knowledge, i.e GxP validation or similar
- Higher level business qualification.
- Demonstrate initiative, strong customer orientation, and cross-cultural working.
- Self-driven and reliable
- Eager to learn
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a phenomenal fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principal Safety InformaticianGothenburg, Sweden, Macclesfield, United Kingdom, Gaithersburg, Maryland, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Release ManagerGaithersburg, Maryland, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Senior IT Project Manager - Data ManagementGaithersburg, Maryland, Gothenburg, Sweden, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Sign up for job alerts
If you would like to sign up for email job alerts for future roles with AstraZeneca or MedImmune you can do so using the form below. We will only use the details you provide below to inform you about future vacancies that match your search criteria if and when they become available. The details you provide on this page will not be used to send unsolicited communication and will not be sold to a third party.
You can select as many categories and locations as you wish.