Search jobs by matching your skills with LinkedIn
Or search again
Search by country
- Algeria Jobs 11
- Argentina Jobs 4
- Australia Jobs 42
- Belgium Jobs 2
- Brazil Jobs 3
- Canada Jobs 20
- China Jobs 365
- Colombia Jobs 3
- Costa Rica Jobs 2
- Denmark Jobs 1
- Egypt Jobs 23
- Finland Jobs 1
- France Jobs 55
- Germany Jobs 64
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 2
- Hungary Jobs 3
- India Jobs 133
- Indonesia Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 3
- Italy Jobs 8
- Japan Jobs 8
- Korea, Republic Of Jobs 18
- Latvia Jobs 1
- Malaysia Jobs 24
- Mexico Jobs 42
- Netherlands Jobs 12
- New Zealand Jobs 2
- Panama Jobs 1
- Peru Jobs 1
- Poland Jobs 47
- Portugal Jobs 3
- Puerto Rico Jobs 2
- Romania Jobs 1
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Singapore Jobs 4
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Spain Jobs 10
- Sweden Jobs 98
- Switzerland Jobs 3
- Taiwan Jobs 44
- Thailand Jobs 17
- Tunisia Jobs 1
- Turkey Jobs 45
- Ukraine Jobs 12
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- United Kingdom Jobs 216
- United States Jobs 603
- Vietnam Jobs 8
Search by city
- Albany - United States Jobs 2
- Algiers - Algeria Jobs 10
- Atlanta - United States Jobs 1
- Auckland - New Zealand Jobs 2
- Baar - Switzerland Jobs 3
- Baltimore - United States Jobs 1
- Bangkok - Thailand Jobs 17
- Basiglio - Italy Jobs 8
- Bedford - United Kingdom Jobs 1
- Beijing - China Jobs 7
- Bella Vista - Panama Jobs 1
- Birmingham - United States Jobs 1
- Bloomington - United States Jobs 1
- Bogotá - Colombia Jobs 3
- Bornova - Turkey Jobs 2
- Boston - United States Jobs 2
- Boulder - United States Jobs 1
- Bucharest - Romania Jobs 1
- Budapest - Hungary Jobs 3
- Buenos Aires - Argentina Jobs 2
- Busan - South Korea Jobs 1
- Cairo - Egypt Jobs 23
- Cambridge - United Kingdom Jobs 172
- Cambridge - United States Jobs 6
- Çankaya - Turkey Jobs 7
- Canovanas - Puerto Rico Jobs 2
- Charleston - United States Jobs 1
- Charlotte - United States Jobs 1
- Chennai - India Jobs 46
- Chicago - United States Jobs 3
- Chiyoda - Japan Jobs 1
- Cleveland - United States Jobs 1
- Columbia - United States Jobs 1
- Copenhagen - Denmark Jobs 1
- Coppell - United States Jobs 8
- Cotia - Brazil Jobs 3
- Courbevoie - France Jobs 53
- Dallas - United States Jobs 1
- Denver - United States Jobs 1
- Detroit - United States Jobs 2
- Dunkirk - France Jobs 2
- Durham - United States Jobs 3
- Edmonton - Canada Jobs 2
- Erie - United States Jobs 1
- Fairfax - United States Jobs 1
- Fort Worth - United States Jobs 3
- Frederick - United States Jobs 30
- Fresno - United States Jobs 1
- Gainesville - United States Jobs 1
- Gaithersburg - United States Jobs 346
- Glendale - United States Jobs 1
- Gothenburg - Sweden Jobs 81
- Greensboro - United States Jobs 1
- Groot-Bijgaarden - Belgium Jobs 2
- Guangzhou - China Jobs 4
- Hackensack - United States Jobs 1
- Hanoi - Vietnam Jobs 4
- Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam Jobs 5
- Hod HaSharon - Israel Jobs 3
- Houston - United States Jobs 1
- Jakarta - Indonesia Jobs 1
- Kalamazoo - United States Jobs 1
- Kansas City - United States Jobs 1
- Little Rock - United States Jobs 1
- Liverpool - United Kingdom Jobs 4
- Long Beach - United States Jobs 1
- Los Angeles - United States Jobs 2
- Macclesfield - United Kingdom Jobs 33
- Macquarie Park - Australia Jobs 42
- Marietta - United States Jobs 1
- Miami - United States Jobs 1
- Minneapolis - United States Jobs 3
- Mississauga - Canada Jobs 12
- Mount Vernon - United States Jobs 20
- Mumbai - India Jobs 23
- Nanjing - China Jobs 2
- Nashville - United States Jobs 2
- New Brunswick - United States Jobs 1
- New Delhi - India Jobs 19
- New Orleans - United States Jobs 2
- New York - United States Jobs 2
- Newark - United States Jobs 15
- Nijmegen - Netherlands Jobs 5
- North Point - Hong Kong SAR Jobs 2
- Oklahoma City - United States Jobs 1
- Oss - Netherlands Jobs 2
- Petaling Jaya - Malaysia Jobs 22
- Philadelphia - United States Jobs 2
- Phoenix - United States Jobs 4
- Portland - United States Jobs 1
- Póvoa de Lisboa - Portugal Jobs 3
- Québec - Canada Jobs 3
- Raleigh - United States Jobs 1
- Redwood City - United States Jobs 3
- Richmond - United States Jobs 1
- Riga - Latvia Jobs 1
- Riverside - United States Jobs 1
- Riyadh - Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Royston - United Kingdom Jobs 17
- Sacramento - United States Jobs 1
- Saffron Walden - United Kingdom Jobs 2
- Salt Lake City - United States Jobs 1
- San Diego - United States Jobs 1
- San Francisco - United States Jobs 14
- San Jose - United States Jobs 2
- San José - Costa Rica Jobs 2
- Santa Fe - Argentina Jobs 1
- Savannah - United States Jobs 1
- Seoul - Korea, Republic Of Jobs 17
- Shanghai Downtown - China Jobs 305
- Shanghai - China Jobs 3
- Shepherdsville - United States Jobs 1
- Södertälje - Sweden Jobs 19
- South Bend - United States Jobs 1
- South San Francisco - United States Jobs 14
- Taipei - Taiwan Jobs 44
- Taizhou - China Jobs 15
- The Hague - Netherlands Jobs 5
- Tianjin - China Jobs 2
- Tizi Ouzou - Algeria Jobs 1
- Tlalpan - Mexico Jobs 9
- Tunis - Tunisia Jobs 1
- Victoria - Canada Jobs 3
- Waltham - United States Jobs 19
- Warsaw - Poland Jobs 47
- Wedel - Germany Jobs 64
- West Chester - United States Jobs 19
- Wilmington - United States Jobs 70
- Wuxi - China Jobs 27
- Zapopan - Mexico Jobs 30
Search by category
- Administration Jobs 24
- Animal Husbandry Jobs 1
- Business Development Jobs 4
- Clinical Development Jobs 134
- Commercial Non-Sales Jobs 153
- Compliance Jobs 11
- Corporate Affairs Jobs 16
- Engineering Jobs 31
- Facilities Management Jobs 10
- Finance Jobs 39
- Global Biologics Jobs 5
- Global Medicines Development (GMD) Jobs 8
- Global Operations Jobs 119
- Global Operations Lean Jobs 12
- Global Portfolio and Product Strategy (GPPS) Jobs 15
- Human Resources Jobs 38
- Information Management Jobs 4
- Information Technology Jobs 163
- Legal Jobs 2
- Manufacturing Jobs 51
- Medical Affairs Jobs 139
- MedImmune Jobs 214
- Post Doc Jobs 12
- Procurement Jobs 18
- Project, Change, Business Improvement and Strategy Management Jobs 61
- QA Jobs 43
- Quality Jobs 43
- Regulatory Jobs 26
- Respiratory Jobs 23
- RIA - Sweden Jobs 9
- Safety, Health and Environmental Science Jobs 2
- Sales Jobs 544
- Sales Force Effectiveness Jobs 4
- Scientific Jobs 66
- SEUIT Jobs 38
- Supply Jobs 17
- Training Jobs 1
- Unvalidated Jobs 16
Posted date: Sep. 26, 2018
Have you proven yourself in drug discovery and development in the pharmaceutical industry? And do you have a strong scientific background in hemaetological oncology?
Do you also bring minimum of 5 years management experience in coaching teams?
Would you like to work with a (small) innovative pharmaceutical company in a close-knit team? With the chance to make an important contribution to the further discovery and development of new drugs for haematologic malignancies?
All with one goal, to make an important contribution to the quality of patients' lives!
If so, please read on, because Acerta Pharma is looking for a strong
Associate Director Biology and Translational
Fulltime, 80% is possible (flexibility is necessary)
What are you going to do?
As an Associate Director Biology and Translational you are responsible for building a Discovery portfolio in haematologic malignancies at Acerta Pharma together with Oncology Research at AstraZeneca. In addition, you will be responsible for the team working with the clinical samples at Acerta Pharma in the Netherlands. Together with the leadership team at Acerta in the Netherlands and the haematologic oncology research and early development leadership, you are responsible for providing strategic, tactical and scientific leadership, working across teams at both Acerta Pharma and AstraZeneca.
You are responsible for the performance of your team, as well as training and developing of individual team members.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- You manage your team of researchers that work on drug discovery projects as well as on analysis of clinical samples for pharmacodynamics.
- You oversee the drug discovery process at Acerta Pharma in the Netherlands by ensuring research teams have adequate technical expertise and integrating activities into the broader work of the research teams across Acerta Pharma and AstraZeneca.
- You contribute significantly to the overall strategic direction and development of the department and align the departmental objectives with the overall business objectives.
- You build networks with other team leaders or technical experts across functions and externally, to facilitate the sharing of ideas and relevant findings.
- You are responsible for the development and performance of your team pharmacology professionals, setting goals and objectives and overseeing their professional development.
What do we ask from you?
The ‘must haves’:
- PhD in a relevant scientific discipline like Bio Medical Sciences or Biopharmaceutical Sciences or related.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry with focus on drug discovery from the pharmacology perspective.
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience, proven experience in bringing your team to the next level, both as a team and on an individual level.
- You have scientific background in haematological oncology.
- You will bring your own scientific network, and you are able to build and maintain your network.
- Fluent in English, it is a benefit if you could also speak Dutch.
- You are currently living in the Netherlands.
- Competences: strong communicator, organizational sensitive, strong personality, able to deal with disappointments, flexible, team player, helicopter view.
The ‘nice to haves’:
- You have a proven track record in haematologic oncology through peer reviewed scientific publications
What do we offer you?
- A dynamic, innovative, international working environment, to let you be a part of the development of the new medicines which can make the difference to the life of patients.
- The possibility to work in a small, dedicated team where you can learn a lot from each other. The team spirit is very good!
- The possibility to cooperate with your international colleagues from the translational science and clinical departments of Acerta Pharma in the US.
- The opportunity for further development.
- A good salary and good secondary benefits like: 8% holiday allowance, 25 holidays per year based on a fulltime employment, collective pension with a fixed percentage, bonus package. We will offer you a one-year contract with the intention to extend it to a permanent contract.
In this position you will report to the Site Head of Acerta Pharma in the Netherlands. The team in Oss consists of 3 (Senior) Research Scientists and 5 Research Associates. They will all report to you either directly or indirectly.
We work closely together with the Biology team and the Translational Science team located at the Acerta Pharma sites in San Carlos and South San Francisco. In addition, you will work in close collaboration with the Oncology Science teams in Waltham, USA and Cambridge UK.
The culture is informal with an excellent team spirit. Willingness to share and to learn from each other in an open atmosphere are key to our success. We work from shared objectives and goals!
Acerta Pharma B.V. was founded in 2012 by Allard Kaptein, Tjeerd Barf, Ahmed Hamdy, Raquel Izumi, and Francisco Salva. Acerta Pharma is a leader in the field of covalent binding technology and is applying this technology to create novel, highly selective therapies for cancer.
Around 200 people work at Acerta Pharma, divided over 3 locations, one at the Pivot Park in Oss in The Netherlands, and two in the US (San Carlos and South San Francisco). In Oss there are about 35 enthusiastic, inspired colleagues working every day on drug discovery and development, together with the teams in the US in order to bring new treatment options to patients.
December 2015, data from a phase 1b/2a study in chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients were reported. In February 2016, AstraZeneca acquired a majority share (55%) of Acerta Pharma and is a committed partner for the haematologic oncology field. At the end of October 2017, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted accelerated approval in the USA for acalabrutinib for previously treated mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) patients. Acerta Pharma together with AstraZeneca are now working hard towards approval for other countries and for additional therapeutic indications in oncology for this drug.
Sign up for job alerts
If you would like to sign up for email job alerts for future roles with AstraZeneca or MedImmune you can do so using the form below. We will only use the details you provide below to inform you about future vacancies that match your search criteria if and when they become available. The details you provide on this page will not be used to send unsolicited communication and will not be sold to a third party.
You can select as many categories and locations as you wish.