Search jobs by matching your skills with LinkedIn
Or search again
Search by country
- Algeria Jobs 9
- Argentina Jobs 1
- Australia Jobs 41
- Austria Jobs 3
- Brazil Jobs 13
- Canada Jobs 15
- China Jobs 422
- Colombia Jobs 6
- Costa Rica Jobs 7
- Denmark Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 7
- Finland Jobs 1
- France Jobs 65
- Germany Jobs 52
- Greece Jobs 1
- Hungary Jobs 2
- India Jobs 147
- Indonesia Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 3
- Italy Jobs 2
- Japan Jobs 21
- Korea, Republic Of Jobs 20
- Malaysia Jobs 30
- Mexico Jobs 39
- Netherlands Jobs 9
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
- Panama Jobs 1
- Peru Jobs 2
- Poland Jobs 37
- Portugal Jobs 1
- Romania Jobs 2
- Russia Jobs 16
- Singapore Jobs 2
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Spain Jobs 9
- Sweden Jobs 75
- Switzerland Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 45
- Thailand Jobs 11
- Tunisia Jobs 1
- Turkey Jobs 8
- Ukraine Jobs 14
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- United Kingdom Jobs 197
- United States Jobs 578
- Vietnam Jobs 6
Search by city
- Albany - United States Jobs 1
- Albuquerque - United States Jobs 1
- Algiers - Algeria Jobs 8
- Athens - Greece Jobs 1
- Atlanta - United States Jobs 4
- Auckland - New Zealand Jobs 1
- Baar - Switzerland Jobs 1
- Bangkok - Thailand Jobs 11
- Basiglio - Italy Jobs 2
- Bedford - United Kingdom Jobs 9
- Beijing - China Jobs 10
- Bella Vista - Panama Jobs 1
- Bloomington - United States Jobs 1
- Bogotá - Colombia Jobs 6
- Boston - United States Jobs 1
- Bucharest - Romania Jobs 2
- Budapest - Hungary Jobs 2
- Cairo - Egypt Jobs 7
- Cambridge - United Kingdom Jobs 149
- Cambridge - United States Jobs 3
- Çankaya - Turkey Jobs 1
- Charleston - United States Jobs 1
- Charleston - United States Jobs 1
- Chengdu - China Jobs 2
- Chennai - India Jobs 51
- Chicago - United States Jobs 3
- Chico - United States Jobs 1
- Chiyoda - Japan Jobs 4
- Copenhagen - Denmark Jobs 3
- Coppell - United States Jobs 10
- Cotia - Brazil Jobs 13
- Courbevoie - France Jobs 64
- Dallas - United States Jobs 1
- Dayton - United States Jobs 1
- Denver - United States Jobs 1
- Detroit - United States Jobs 2
- Dunkirk - France Jobs 1
- Erie - United States Jobs 1
- Fairfax - United States Jobs 1
- Fort Worth - United States Jobs 2
- Frederick - United States Jobs 25
- Fuzhou - China Jobs 1
- Gainesville - United States Jobs 1
- Gaithersburg - United States Jobs 316
- Glendale - United States Jobs 1
- Gothenburg - Sweden Jobs 55
- Greensboro - United States Jobs 1
- Guangzhou - China Jobs 8
- Hackensack - United States Jobs 1
- Hartford - United States Jobs 1
- Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam Jobs 6
- Hod HaSharon - Israel Jobs 3
- Houston - United States Jobs 1
- Iowa City - United States Jobs 1
- Jakarta - Indonesia Jobs 1
- Lisbon - Portugal Jobs 1
- Little Rock - United States Jobs 1
- Liverpool - United Kingdom Jobs 8
- Long Beach - United States Jobs 1
- Los Angeles - United States Jobs 2
- Macclesfield - United Kingdom Jobs 13
- Macquarie Park - Australia Jobs 41
- Marietta - United States Jobs 1
- Miami - United States Jobs 2
- Minneapolis - United States Jobs 4
- Mississauga - Canada Jobs 15
- Moscow - Russia Jobs 16
- Mount Vernon - United States Jobs 25
- Mumbai - India Jobs 26
- Nanjing - China Jobs 3
- Nashville - United States Jobs 3
- Nassau - United States Jobs 1
- New Delhi - India Jobs 22
- New Orleans - United States Jobs 1
- New York - United States Jobs 1
- Newark - United States Jobs 11
- Nijmegen - Netherlands Jobs 3
- Oslo - Norway Jobs 1
- Oss - Netherlands Jobs 3
- Petaling Jaya - Malaysia Jobs 29
- Philadelphia - United States Jobs 14
- Phoenix - United States Jobs 3
- Pittsburgh - United States Jobs 2
- Portland - United States Jobs 3
- Raleigh - United States Jobs 2
- Redwood City - United States Jobs 1
- Richmond - United States Jobs 1
- Riverside - United States Jobs 1
- Rockford - United States Jobs 1
- Royston - United Kingdom Jobs 21
- Sacramento - United States Jobs 2
- Saffron Walden - United Kingdom Jobs 1
- San Bernardino - United States Jobs 1
- San Diego - United States Jobs 1
- San Francisco - United States Jobs 13
- San Jose - United States Jobs 2
- San José - Costa Rica Jobs 7
- Sarasota - United States Jobs 1
- Savannah - United States Jobs 1
- Seattle - United States Jobs 1
- Seoul - Korea, Republic Of Jobs 20
- Shanghai Downtown - China Jobs 356
- Shanghai - China Jobs 2
- Shepherdsville - United States Jobs 1
- Södertälje - Sweden Jobs 20
- South San Francisco - United States Jobs 15
- Springfield - United States Jobs 1
- Tacoma - United States Jobs 1
- Taipei - Taiwan Jobs 45
- Taizhou - China Jobs 13
- The Hague - Netherlands Jobs 3
- Tianjin - China Jobs 1
- Tizi Ouzou - Algeria Jobs 1
- Tlalpan - Mexico Jobs 13
- Tokyo - Japan Jobs 3
- Tunis - Tunisia Jobs 1
- Waltham - United States Jobs 18
- Warsaw - Poland Jobs 37
- Wedel - Germany Jobs 52
- West Chester - United States Jobs 12
- Wilmington - United States Jobs 71
- Wuxi - China Jobs 26
- Zapopan - Mexico Jobs 24
Search by category
- Administration Jobs 33
- BPD Jobs 9
- Business Development Jobs 5
- Clinical Development Jobs 131
- Commercial Non-Sales Jobs 165
- Compliance Jobs 11
- Corporate Affairs Jobs 11
- Engineering Jobs 34
- Facilities Management Jobs 15
- Finance Jobs 56
- Global Biologics Jobs 4
- Global Medicines Development (GMD) Jobs 7
- Global Operations Jobs 132
- Global Operations Lean Jobs 2
- Global Portfolio and Product Strategy (GPPS) Jobs 7
- Human Resources Jobs 38
- Information Management Jobs 1
- Information Technology Jobs 141
- Legal Jobs 1
- Manufacturing Jobs 43
- Medical Affairs Jobs 113
- MedImmune Jobs 203
- OFR Jobs 4
- Post Doc Jobs 2
- Procurement Jobs 8
- Project, Change, Business Improvement and Strategy Management Jobs 50
- QA Jobs 41
- Quality Jobs 41
- Regulatory Jobs 18
- Respiratory Jobs 14
- RIA - Sweden Jobs 7
- Safety, Health and Environmental Science Jobs 5
- Sales Jobs 610
- Sales Force Effectiveness Jobs 10
- Scientific Jobs 48
- SEUIT Jobs 28
- Supply Jobs 26
- Training Jobs 1
- Unvalidated Jobs 16
Posted date: Sep. 26, 2018
Have you proven yourself in drug discovery and development in the pharmaceutical industry? And do you have a strong scientific background in hemaetological oncology?
Do you also bring minimum of 5 years management experience in coaching teams?
Would you like to work with a (small) innovative pharmaceutical company in a close-knit team? With the chance to make an important contribution to the further discovery and development of new drugs for haematologic malignancies?
All with one goal, to make an important contribution to the quality of patients' lives!
If so, please read on, because Acerta Pharma is looking for a strong
Associate Director Biology and Translational
Fulltime, 80% is possible (flexibility is necessary)
What are you going to do?
As an Associate Director Biology and Translational you are responsible for building a Discovery portfolio in haematologic malignancies at Acerta Pharma together with Oncology Research at AstraZeneca. In addition, you will be responsible for the team working with the clinical samples at Acerta Pharma in the Netherlands. Together with the leadership team at Acerta in the Netherlands and the haematologic oncology research and early development leadership, you are responsible for providing strategic, tactical and scientific leadership, working across teams at both Acerta Pharma and AstraZeneca.
You are responsible for the performance of your team, as well as training and developing of individual team members.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- You manage your team of researchers that work on drug discovery projects as well as on analysis of clinical samples for pharmacodynamics.
- You oversee the drug discovery process at Acerta Pharma in the Netherlands by ensuring research teams have adequate technical expertise and integrating activities into the broader work of the research teams across Acerta Pharma and AstraZeneca.
- You contribute significantly to the overall strategic direction and development of the department and align the departmental objectives with the overall business objectives.
- You build networks with other team leaders or technical experts across functions and externally, to facilitate the sharing of ideas and relevant findings.
- You are responsible for the development and performance of your team pharmacology professionals, setting goals and objectives and overseeing their professional development.
What do we ask from you?
The ‘must haves’:
- PhD in a relevant scientific discipline like Bio Medical Sciences or Biopharmaceutical Sciences or related.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry with focus on drug discovery from the pharmacology perspective.
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience, proven experience in bringing your team to the next level, both as a team and on an individual level.
- You have scientific background in haematological oncology.
- You will bring your own scientific network, and you are able to build and maintain your network.
- Fluent in English, it is a benefit if you could also speak Dutch.
- You are currently living in the Netherlands.
- Competences: strong communicator, organizational sensitive, strong personality, able to deal with disappointments, flexible, team player, helicopter view.
The ‘nice to haves’:
- You have a proven track record in haematologic oncology through peer reviewed scientific publications
What do we offer you?
- A dynamic, innovative, international working environment, to let you be a part of the development of the new medicines which can make the difference to the life of patients.
- The possibility to work in a small, dedicated team where you can learn a lot from each other. The team spirit is very good!
- The possibility to cooperate with your international colleagues from the translational science and clinical departments of Acerta Pharma in the US.
- The opportunity for further development.
- A good salary and good secondary benefits like: 8% holiday allowance, 25 holidays per year based on a fulltime employment, collective pension with a fixed percentage, bonus package. We will offer you a one-year contract with the intention to extend it to a permanent contract.
In this position you will report to the Site Head of Acerta Pharma in the Netherlands. The team in Oss consists of 3 (Senior) Research Scientists and 5 Research Associates. They will all report to you either directly or indirectly.
We work closely together with the Biology team and the Translational Science team located at the Acerta Pharma sites in San Carlos and South San Francisco. In addition, you will work in close collaboration with the Oncology Science teams in Waltham, USA and Cambridge UK.
The culture is informal with an excellent team spirit. Willingness to share and to learn from each other in an open atmosphere are key to our success. We work from shared objectives and goals!
Acerta Pharma B.V. was founded in 2012 by Allard Kaptein, Tjeerd Barf, Ahmed Hamdy, Raquel Izumi, and Francisco Salva. Acerta Pharma is a leader in the field of covalent binding technology and is applying this technology to create novel, highly selective therapies for cancer.
Around 200 people work at Acerta Pharma, divided over 3 locations, one at the Pivot Park in Oss in The Netherlands, and two in the US (San Carlos and South San Francisco). In Oss there are about 35 enthusiastic, inspired colleagues working every day on drug discovery and development, together with the teams in the US in order to bring new treatment options to patients.
December 2015, data from a phase 1b/2a study in chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients were reported. In February 2016, AstraZeneca acquired a majority share (55%) of Acerta Pharma and is a committed partner for the haematologic oncology field. At the end of October 2017, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted accelerated approval in the USA for acalabrutinib for previously treated mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) patients. Acerta Pharma together with AstraZeneca are now working hard towards approval for other countries and for additional therapeutic indications in oncology for this drug.
Sign up for job alerts
If you would like to sign up for email job alerts for future roles with AstraZeneca or MedImmune you can do so using the form below. We will only use the details you provide below to inform you about future vacancies that match your search criteria if and when they become available. The details you provide on this page will not be used to send unsolicited communication and will not be sold to a third party.
You can select as many categories and locations as you wish.