Search jobs by matching your skills with LinkedIn
Or search again
Search by country
- Algeria Jobs 9
- Argentina Jobs 1
- Australia Jobs 41
- Belgium Jobs 2
- Brazil Jobs 2
- Canada Jobs 16
- Chile Jobs 2
- China Jobs 457
- Colombia Jobs 3
- Costa Rica Jobs 4
- Denmark Jobs 1
- Egypt Jobs 10
- France Jobs 64
- Germany Jobs 53
- Greece Jobs 3
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 6
- Hungary Jobs 1
- India Jobs 143
- Indonesia Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 2
- Italy Jobs 4
- Japan Jobs 10
- Korea, Republic Of Jobs 11
- Malaysia Jobs 25
- Mexico Jobs 23
- Netherlands Jobs 7
- New Zealand Jobs 2
- Panama Jobs 1
- Peru Jobs 1
- Poland Jobs 68
- Romania Jobs 1
- Russia Jobs 6
- Singapore Jobs 4
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Spain Jobs 8
- Sweden Jobs 73
- Switzerland Jobs 3
- Taiwan Jobs 42
- Thailand Jobs 17
- Tunisia Jobs 1
- Turkey Jobs 40
- Ukraine Jobs 12
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- United Kingdom Jobs 198
- United States Jobs 569
- Vietnam Jobs 10
Search by city
- Albany - United States Jobs 1
- Algiers - Algeria Jobs 8
- Athens - Greece Jobs 3
- Auckland - New Zealand Jobs 2
- Baar - Switzerland Jobs 3
- Baltimore - United States Jobs 1
- Bangkok - Thailand Jobs 17
- Basiglio - Italy Jobs 4
- Bedford - United Kingdom Jobs 6
- Beijing - China Jobs 10
- Bella Vista - Panama Jobs 1
- Bogotá - Colombia Jobs 3
- Bornova - Turkey Jobs 2
- Boston - United States Jobs 1
- Boulder - United States Jobs 1
- Bucharest - Romania Jobs 1
- Budapest - Hungary Jobs 1
- Busan - South Korea Jobs 1
- Cairo - Egypt Jobs 10
- Cambridge - United Kingdom Jobs 144
- Cambridge - United States Jobs 6
- Çankaya - Turkey Jobs 6
- Charlotte - United States Jobs 1
- Chengdu - China Jobs 1
- Chennai - India Jobs 57
- Chiyoda - Japan Jobs 1
- Cleveland - United States Jobs 1
- Copenhagen - Denmark Jobs 1
- Coppell - United States Jobs 8
- Cotia - Brazil Jobs 2
- Courbevoie - France Jobs 63
- Durham - United States Jobs 1
- Edmonton - Canada Jobs 1
- Erie - United States Jobs 1
- Frederick - United States Jobs 43
- Gainesville - United States Jobs 1
- Gaithersburg - United States Jobs 328
- Gothenburg - Sweden Jobs 60
- Groot-Bijgaarden - Belgium Jobs 2
- Guangzhou - China Jobs 3
- Hanoi - Vietnam Jobs 4
- Higashi - Japan Jobs 1
- Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam Jobs 6
- Hod HaSharon - Israel Jobs 2
- Houston - United States Jobs 1
- Indianapolis - United States Jobs 1
- Jakarta - Indonesia Jobs 1
- Kansas City - United States Jobs 2
- Liverpool - United Kingdom Jobs 4
- Los Angeles - United States Jobs 2
- Macclesfield - United Kingdom Jobs 29
- Macquarie Park - Australia Jobs 41
- Minneapolis - United States Jobs 3
- Mississauga - Canada Jobs 10
- Moscow - Russia Jobs 6
- Mount Vernon - United States Jobs 18
- Mountain View - United States Jobs 1
- Mumbai - India Jobs 23
- Nanjing - China Jobs 1
- Nashville - United States Jobs 1
- New Delhi - India Jobs 19
- New Orleans - United States Jobs 1
- Newark - United States Jobs 13
- Nijmegen - Netherlands Jobs 2
- North Point - Hong Kong SAR Jobs 6
- Petaling Jaya - Malaysia Jobs 22
- Philadelphia - United States Jobs 3
- Phoenix - United States Jobs 3
- Québec - Canada Jobs 4
- Redwood City - United States Jobs 3
- Royston - United Kingdom Jobs 23
- Rueil-Malmaison - France Jobs 1
- Salt Lake City - United States Jobs 1
- San Francisco - United States Jobs 12
- San José - Costa Rica Jobs 4
- Santiago - Chile Jobs 2
- Seattle - United States Jobs 1
- Seoul - Korea, Republic Of Jobs 10
- Shandong - China Jobs 2
- Shanghai Downtown - China Jobs 383
- Shanghai - China Jobs 2
- Shepherdsville - United States Jobs 2
- Södertälje - Sweden Jobs 13
- South San Francisco - United States Jobs 13
- Taipei - Taiwan Jobs 42
- Taizhou - China Jobs 19
- The Hague - Netherlands Jobs 5
- Tianjin - China Jobs 4
- Tizi Ouzou - Algeria Jobs 1
- Tlalpan - Mexico Jobs 3
- Tokyo - Japan Jobs 1
- Victoria - Canada Jobs 1
- Vladivostok - Russia Jobs 1
- Waltham - United States Jobs 18
- Warsaw - Poland Jobs 68
- Wedel - Germany Jobs 53
- West Chester - United States Jobs 19
- West Palm Beach - United States Jobs 1
- Wilmington - United States Jobs 92
- Wuxi - China Jobs 29
- Zapopan - Mexico Jobs 19
Search by category
- Administration Jobs 25
- Business Development Jobs 3
- Clinical Development Jobs 133
- Commercial Non-Sales Jobs 160
- Compliance Jobs 13
- Corporate Affairs Jobs 19
- Engineering Jobs 28
- Facilities Management Jobs 10
- Finance Jobs 39
- Global Biologics Jobs 8
- Global Medicines Development (GMD) Jobs 6
- Global Operations Jobs 121
- Global Portfolio and Product Strategy (GPPS) Jobs 16
- Human Resources Jobs 34
- Information Management Jobs 3
- Information Technology Jobs 161
- Legal Jobs 2
- Manufacturing Jobs 60
- Medical Affairs Jobs 128
- MedImmune Jobs 200
- Post Doc Jobs 9
- Procurement Jobs 18
- Project, Change, Business Improvement and Strategy Management Jobs 55
- QA Jobs 50
- Quality Jobs 50
- Regulatory Jobs 20
- Respiratory Jobs 22
- RIA - Sweden Jobs 9
- Safety, Health and Environmental Science Jobs 3
- Sales Jobs 603
- Sales Force Effectiveness Jobs 3
- Scientific Jobs 48
- SEUIT Jobs 32
- Supply Jobs 16
- Unvalidated Jobs 13
Posted date: Aug. 17, 2018
Would you like to bring your scientific excellence to Drug Safety and Metabolism at AstraZeneca and become a key player in the discovery of safe innovative medicines? Would you like to apply your expertise in a company that is following the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then you might be the one we are looking for!
AstraZeneca are looking to recruit a Director, Safety Science and Discovery to strengthen the Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmunity (RIA) Safety department. The position is based at AstraZeneca’s vibrant R&D site in Gothenburg, Sweden.
One of the major challenges in the discovery of innovative medicines is to ensure they are safe enough to provide novel treatments for patients. Within the RIA Safety department, which is part our global industry-leading Drug Safety and Metabolism (DSM) function, the Safety Science and Discovery team develops and applies innovative scientific strategies to drive the design and selection of safer medicines for the treatment of Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmunity diseases. As true Drug Hunting partners to the RIA Innovative Medicines unit, the team brings safety expertise as part of the selection of novel drug targets, design of therapeutic concepts, identification and optimization of new chemical series as well as a range of other therapeutic modalities, and selection of novel candidate drugs. We develop and apply cutting edge molecular, cellular and in vivo technologies and push the boundaries of predictive safety science and investigative toxicology with our mission in mind:
SCIENCE, PASSION, EXPERTISE – Fundamental to selection and delivery of safe and efficacious medicines to patients.
In Drug Safety and Metabolism, we place a strong emphasis on talent development. You will be able to develop your leadership by working together with leaders in pharmacology, investigative toxicology, drug discovery and development, cell biology and predictive safety science.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Be an inspiring leader and line manager for a team of ~10 highly skilled and driven scientists/specialists, with a strong focus on developing talent, building capabilities, and driving high performance.
- Be a strategic and scientific leader in the predictive safety/toxicology and drug discovery arena and as such contribute to the internal global Innovative Safety strategy as well as influencing the scientific field externally.
- Develop and implement an industry-leading Respiratory / Lung safety strategy.
- Be a close partner to the drug discovery community in the RIA Innovative Medicines unit.
- Secure delivery of “Right Safety” for our discovery project portfolio priorities for Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmunity disease indications (from target/concept validation to candidate delivery) and provide insight and judgement to enable the successful delivery of “Right Safety” to the global AstraZeneca discovery project portfolio across indications.
- Oversight and guidance of the design and successful delivery of project-specific strategies to predict, assess and mitigate target- and modality-related safety risks.
- Promoting RIA Safety science through publications, building collaborative networks across AstraZeneca science units and with relevant external experts in order to enhance RIA Safety Science and Discovery capabilities and reputation.
- Membership of the RIA Safety Leadership team to drive performance, develop talent and set strategic direction across the department.
- Assuring compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Excellent scientist with a PhD (or equivalent) in cell biology, toxicology, pharmacology, systems biology (or related field) and a strong scientific track record.
- Significant leadership experience in drug discovery and/or safety science from the pharmaceutical industry or biotech sector.
- A track record in the leadership, management and development of individuals and teams.
- Ideally, experience with Respiratory science.
- Strong communication skills, and effective influencing skills in a complex matrix organization.
- A constructive and collaborative personality that contributes to a positive, open, trusting working culture.
- Experience with (or interest in) working with teams across geographies including awareness of subtle cultural differences.
If you are interested, apply now!
For more information please contact Jorrit Hornberg, Senior Director, RIA Safety at jorrit.hornberg(at)astrazeneca.com.
Welcome with your application no later than September 30th, 2018.
AstraZeneca is a global, science-driven biopharmaceutical company. We turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. Here, we see the impact of our collective ideas and expertise, and the power of science to deliver them. AstraZeneca is proud to provide a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and cross-boundary collaboration. Within this environment employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives, and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca in Sweden
At AstraZeneca in Sweden we'll make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you. To do this, we've created a great working environment that's full of world-class talent, and opportunities for collaboration and innovation. If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do - join us.
Data Scientist, Computational ADMEWaltham, Massachusetts, Cambridge, United Kingdom, Gothenburg, Sweden
Medical Director Clinical Trial Safety ManagementGaithersburg, Maryland, Gothenburg, Sweden
Associate Director / Team Leader - Advanced Drug Delivery, Pharmaceutical SciencesGothenburg, Sweden
Sign up for job alerts
If you would like to sign up for email job alerts for future roles with AstraZeneca or MedImmune you can do so using the form below. We will only use the details you provide below to inform you about future vacancies that match your search criteria if and when they become available. The details you provide on this page will not be used to send unsolicited communication and will not be sold to a third party.
You can select as many categories and locations as you wish.