Search jobs by matching your skills with LinkedIn
Or search again
Search by country
- Algeria Jobs 9
- Argentina Jobs 7
- Australia Jobs 36
- Austria Jobs 1
- Belgium Jobs 2
- Brazil Jobs 10
- Canada Jobs 18
- China Jobs 406
- Colombia Jobs 9
- Costa Rica Jobs 4
- Czechia Jobs 1
- Denmark Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 11
- Estonia Jobs 1
- Finland Jobs 2
- France Jobs 63
- Germany Jobs 40
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 6
- Hungary Jobs 4
- India Jobs 166
- Indonesia Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 6
- Italy Jobs 6
- Japan Jobs 27
- Jordan Jobs 1
- Latvia Jobs 1
- Lithuania Jobs 1
- Malaysia Jobs 29
- Mexico Jobs 43
- Netherlands Jobs 5
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 3
- Panama Jobs 1
- Peru Jobs 3
- Poland Jobs 59
- Portugal Jobs 2
- Russia Jobs 93
- Singapore Jobs 3
- South Africa Jobs 2
- South Korea Jobs 15
- Spain Jobs 8
- Sweden Jobs 87
- Switzerland Jobs 7
- Taiwan Jobs 48
- Thailand Jobs 12
- Turkey Jobs 29
- Ukraine Jobs 12
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 2
- United Kingdom Jobs 210
- United States Jobs 571
- Vietnam Jobs 8
Search by city
- Albany - United States Jobs 1
- Algiers - Algeria Jobs 8
- Amarillo - United States Jobs 1
- Atlanta - United States Jobs 1
- Auckland - New Zealand Jobs 1
- Baar - Switzerland Jobs 7
- Baltimore - United States Jobs 1
- Bangkok - Thailand Jobs 12
- Barcelona - Spain Jobs 1
- Basiglio - Italy Jobs 6
- Baton Rouge - United States Jobs 1
- Beijing - China Jobs 11
- Bella Vista - Panama Jobs 1
- Bethesda - United States Jobs 1
- Billings - United States Jobs 1
- Bogotá - Colombia Jobs 9
- Bornova - Turkey Jobs 1
- Boston - United States Jobs 1
- Budapest - Hungary Jobs 4
- Buenos Aires - Argentina Jobs 1
- Busan - South Korea Jobs 1
- Cairo - Egypt Jobs 11
- Cambridge - United Kingdom Jobs 159
- Cambridge - United States Jobs 1
- Çankaya - Turkey Jobs 5
- Charleston - United States Jobs 2
- Charleston - United States Jobs 1
- Charlottesville - United States Jobs 1
- Chennai - India Jobs 79
- Chicago - United States Jobs 5
- Chico - United States Jobs 1
- Chiyoda - Japan Jobs 4
- Cincinnati - United States Jobs 1
- Copenhagen - Denmark Jobs 3
- Coppell - United States Jobs 11
- Cotia - Brazil Jobs 10
- Courbevoie - France Jobs 63
- Dallas - United States Jobs 1
- Denver - United States Jobs 4
- Des Moines - United States Jobs 2
- Detroit - United States Jobs 1
- Durham - United States Jobs 1
- El Paso - United States Jobs 1
- Espoo - Finland Jobs 2
- Fargo - United States Jobs 2
- Flint - United States Jobs 1
- Frederick - United States Jobs 18
- Gaithersburg - United States Jobs 300
- Gothenburg - Sweden Jobs 58
- Groot-Bijgaarden - Belgium Jobs 2
- Guangzhou - China Jobs 2
- Halifax - Canada Jobs 1
- Hanoi - Vietnam Jobs 1
- Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam Jobs 7
- Hod HaSharon - Israel Jobs 6
- Houston - United States Jobs 1
- Huntsville - United States Jobs 1
- Indianapolis - United States Jobs 1
- Irving - United States Jobs 1
- Jacksonville - United States Jobs 1
- Jakarta - Indonesia Jobs 1
- Kansas City - United States Jobs 1
- Kolkata - India Jobs 1
- Lancaster - United States Jobs 1
- Lisbon - Portugal Jobs 2
- Little Rock - United States Jobs 2
- Livingston - United States Jobs 1
- London - United Kingdom Jobs 1
- Los Angeles - United States Jobs 5
- Louisville - United States Jobs 1
- Macclesfield - United Kingdom Jobs 30
- Macquarie Park - Australia Jobs 36
- Marathi, Maharashtra - India Jobs 4
- Marietta - United States Jobs 1
- Memphis - United States Jobs 1
- Miami - United States Jobs 2
- Milwaukee - United States Jobs 1
- Minneapolis - United States Jobs 5
- Mississauga - Canada Jobs 15
- Montgomery - United States Jobs 1
- Moscow - Russia Jobs 93
- Mount Vernon - United States Jobs 16
- Mumbai - India Jobs 20
- Nanjing - China Jobs 1
- Nashville - United States Jobs 2
- Nassau - United States Jobs 1
- New Brunswick - United States Jobs 1
- New Delhi - India Jobs 24
- New Haven - United States Jobs 1
- New Orleans - United States Jobs 1
- New York - United States Jobs 3
- Newark - United States Jobs 12
- Nijmegen - Netherlands Jobs 1
- North Point - Hong Kong SAR Jobs 6
- Ocala - United States Jobs 1
- Oklahoma City - United States Jobs 1
- Omaha - United States Jobs 1
- Orlando - United States Jobs 1
- Oslo - Norway Jobs 3
- Oss - Netherlands Jobs 1
- Petaling Jaya - Malaysia Jobs 29
- Philadelphia - United States Jobs 6
- Phoenix - United States Jobs 2
- Pittsburgh - United States Jobs 1
- Portland - United States Jobs 4
- Prague - Czechia Jobs 1
- Providence - United States Jobs 2
- Québec - Canada Jobs 1
- Riga - Latvia Jobs 1
- Rochester - United States Jobs 2
- Royston - United Kingdom Jobs 15
- Sacramento - United States Jobs 1
- Saffron Walden - United Kingdom Jobs 2
- San Bernardino - United States Jobs 3
- San Francisco - United States Jobs 15
- San Jose - United States Jobs 1
- San Jose - United States Jobs 1
- San José - Costa Rica Jobs 4
- Savannah - United States Jobs 1
- Scranton - United States Jobs 1
- Seoul - South Korea Jobs 14
- Shanghai Downtown - China Jobs 358
- Shanghai - China Jobs 6
- Shreveport - United States Jobs 1
- Södertälje - Sweden Jobs 33
- South San Francisco - United States Jobs 16
- Spokane - United States Jobs 1
- Taipei - Taiwan Jobs 48
- Taizhou - China Jobs 3
- Tallinn - Estonia Jobs 1
- The Hague - Netherlands Jobs 3
- Tizi Ouzou - Algeria Jobs 1
- Tlalpan - Mexico Jobs 4
- Tokyo - Japan Jobs 7
- Township of Oklahoma City - United States Jobs 1
- Traverse City - United States Jobs 1
- Victoria - Canada Jobs 1
- Vilnius - Lithuania Jobs 1
- Waltham - United States Jobs 28
- Warsaw - Poland Jobs 59
- Washington - United States Jobs 1
- Wedel - Germany Jobs 40
- West Chester - United States Jobs 15
- Wilmington - United States Jobs 81
- Wuxi - China Jobs 26
- Zapopan - Mexico Jobs 38
Search by category
- Administration Jobs 22
- BioPharmaceutical Physician Jobs 5
- BioPharmaceuticals Commercial Jobs 5
- BioPharmaceuticals R&D Jobs 4
- BPD Jobs 20
- Clinical Development Jobs 147
- Commercial Non-Sales Jobs 210
- Compliance Jobs 14
- Corporate Affairs Jobs 6
- Engineering Jobs 36
- Facilities Management Jobs 5
- Finance Jobs 56
- Global Biologics Jobs 1
- Global Operations Jobs 125
- Global Operations Lean Jobs 2
- Human Resources Jobs 37
- Information Management Jobs 1
- Information Technology Jobs 239
- Legal Jobs 5
- Manufacturing Jobs 41
- Medical Affairs Jobs 146
- MedImmune Jobs 119
- OFR Jobs 1
- Post Doc Jobs 4
- Procurement Jobs 14
- Project, Change, Business Improvement and Strategy Management Jobs 45
- QA Jobs 43
- Quality Jobs 43
- Regulatory Jobs 30
- Respiratory Jobs 10
- Safety, Health and Environmental Science Jobs 6
- Sales Jobs 664
- Sales Force Effectiveness Jobs 5
- Scientific Jobs 36
- SEUIT Jobs 15
- Supply Jobs 19
- Training Jobs 4
- Unvalidated Jobs 3
Posted date: Jun. 28, 2018
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As Director, Clinical Development Respiratory in Gaithersburg, MD or Cambridge, UK, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
o Lead Clinical Sub Teams of Product Development Teams.
o Develop, or supervise development of, Clinical Development Plans for potential products, and present such plans to governing bodies.
o Develop or supervise development of, trial synopses, protocols and protocol amendments.
o Be accountable for the ethical and scientific integrity of the plans and studies.
o Be responsible for the preparation of medical components of Investigator Brochures, ethics, IND and other regulatory communications.
o Provide medical input to the conduct of clinical trials in a proactive Good Clinical Practice Environment.
o Provide medical and specialty expertise for safety surveillance, and interact closely with the Safety group to ensure patient safety throughout the entire clinical development process. Assist with the development of the benefit risk analysis and patient risk management plans.
o Collaborate with project team members in planning, conducting and evaluating clinical trials.
o Collaborate with Translational Science to optimise approach to study target inhibition and to understand mechanism of action of products in early clinical development.
o Oversee planning and management of Investigator meetings, advisory boards and other scientific committees, as required by the protocol (e.g. independent reviews, DSMBs etc.).
o Interpret trial data to support decision making.
o Lead development of clinical publications of trial results.
· Provide clinical input to help evaluate and prioritise new product development opportunities, both internal and external.
· Provide medical input to preclinical research teams to support optimal development of potential new products.
· Represent MedImmune to external opinion leaders and at conferences.
· Develop and manage a network of external experts relevant to the company’s development programmes and seek out competitor intelligence.
· Serve on internal MedImmune Committees, as requested/required.
· Attend appropriate scientific meetings to maintain his/her awareness of research activities in his/her area of expertise.
· Assume other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Vice President.
Qualifications and Experience
· MD, board certified (or eligible) in allergy/immunology or pulmonary diseases.
· Specialty training in respiratory is mandatory.
· Experience in early (Phase I/II) Clinical Development.
· Ability to draw on previous clinical research experience to design clinical development plans, to plan and lead studies, to anticipate potential problems and to take appropriate action, with an appropriate level of consultation, in order to meet agreed timelines and costs.
· Proven leadership skills.
· Sound knowledge of relevant guidelines and standards.
· Experience of incorporating translational medicine approach into early clinical development would be a plus.
· Experience of working with opinion leaders and external consultants.
· Good working knowledge of ICH GCP requirements and understanding of regulatory requirements.
· Demonstrable evidence of working collaboratively within a matrix team environment.
· Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships, both within the organisation and externally.
· Enthusiastic, adaptable and flexible approach.
· Proven planning skills.
· Excellent communication skills at all levels, both internally and externally and across different functions, plus the ability to make effective presentations.
· Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
· Ability to lead a team and support other team members.
· Ability to thrive in an innovative, entrepreneurial environment.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sign up for job alerts
If you would like to sign up for email job alerts for future roles with AstraZeneca or MedImmune you can do so using the form below. We will only use the details you provide below to inform you about future vacancies that match your search criteria if and when they become available. The details you provide on this page will not be used to send unsolicited communication and will not be sold to a third party.
You can select as many categories and locations as you wish.