HR Graduate Programme
Locations: Cambridge - UK
Applications are now closed
Our Global Human Resources function builds true partnerships with managers throughout AstraZeneca. Our purpose is to be a trusted partner for the business, shaping our company culture and predicting people trends to deliver the Organisations bold ambition.
The function provides expert people-related advice on the labour market, and helps managers identify the core knowledge, skills and abilities required to support our competitive advantage. We build a working environment that is characterised by respect, integrity and growth opportunities, which inspire both individual contribution and collaborative entrepreneurial thinking. We value diversity and ensure Astrazeneca attracts, retains and develops a talented workforce that thrives in a vibrant, high performing culture.
Our function is on a journey to deliver excellence in HR. This is a truly exciting time to work with us to shape a great place to work and enable AstraZeneca to improve patients’ lives today and in the future.
Why join HR Graduates Programme?
Our Graduate Programme offers a phenomenal opportunity to learn and work in a multinational company alongside industry professionals. Many of our Graduates go on to enjoy full- time positions in either one of our HR functions or other areas of the business.
How does the programme work?
3 Years. 3 Placements / 8 Months
During this three-year programme you will gain skills and experience with placements in different HR Functions in AstraZeneca, Cambridge, UK. Typically, your Graduate Programme will involve 3 placements into more than one function and we will tailor your programme to meet your natural strengths, passions and areas you want to develop
Functions include the following areas (not exhaustive):
- Talent Acquisition
- HR Services
- Talent & Development
- People Analytics
- Employee Relations
What does the programme involve?
Starting in September 2019 the programme lasts three years. Each placement will give you a phenomenal insight into our business and the opportunity to influence the direction in which AstraZeneca is moving. You will then progress into a consolidation role and all progression is subject to performance.
Your programme will provide an invaluable blend of on-the-job experience and mentoring in a global working environment. In Astrazeneca HR we want to build leaders with global cultural awareness and international experience so there will regular opportunity to work with people from around the world. There will be a huge support network behind you, including a mentor and programme manager, and we will inspire you to develop your own network of contacts. We will let you know before the end of your third year whether we'll be offering you a permanent, post-programme role.
To fulfil your potential and build a lasting career, we will help you in any way we can, including:
- Reporting to an encouraging line manager and personal mentor
- Giving you the chance to network and socialise
- Professional and in-house training schemes and qualifications
- Working as part of a successful team
- Working across countries and cultures
What we are looking for:
- Graduates in any discipline who have completed their first degree with a minimum of a 2:1 or MSc in 2018, or are due to graduate by September 2019
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and driven individuals with a passion to learn
- Passion to work in HR in the pharmaceutical industry, with a real ambition to make a difference to patients and our business
- Technology savvy and a go-getter
- Ability to quickly understand our environment, and the curiosity and flexibility to work anywhere within HR
- Takes responsibility for self- development. Receptive to feedback and eager to develop.
- The confidence and vision to look at, and challenge, existing ways of working
- Fluency in English